MAC Burgundy Eyeshadow Times Nine Review
Hi Beauty Queens! So today, March 5th was the release of the Eyeshadow X9 palettes from MAC Cosmetics. I am so excited to share my thoughts on this palette with you guys today because I think this is an awesome and exciting product for so many different makeup lovers.
Let's start by talking about who will really love this product. If you are a die hard MAC fan, you may have a handful of these colors. The palette is made up of both permanent MAC shades and limited edition MAC shades. You will love this if you are looking to grow your shadow collection, there are nine incredible shades inside and they have the same pay off as regularly produced MAC shadows. You will LOVE this if you carry all of your makeup with you and have a smaller makeup bag. This palette is the same size as the MAC Veluxe Pearlfusion and customized MAC quads- very space effective. You will love these palettes if you often travel and like to carry eye shadow options. Come on! There are so many different looks you can create with these nine shadows. Finally- you'll love this palette if you are a professional makeup artist. It's incredibly compact and is such a space saver, if you freelance sometimes carrying multiple large palettes can be heavy and space consuming.
The best features:
- Lightweight & compact
- Nine shadow options, both permanent & limited shades
- Permanently stay in MAC lineup
- Same consistency of permanent MAC products
- Price point, $40
- Offers four different palettes- Violet, Navy, Amber & Burgundy
- Great range of color, both warm & cool
- Multiple shadow finishes
What this palette lacks:
- Neutral shade- either matte or shimmer (Burgundy palette)
- Honeylust (Lustre, permanent): Warm, shimmery gold shade. Best applied wet or with a synthetic brush for best color payoff.
- Poppyseed (Satin, limited): Silky, dusty rose shade- no shimmer. Very creamy, easy to apply and beautiful color payoff.
- Quarry (Matte, permanent): Cool tone, matte grey/mauve shade. Great crease shade, looks beautiful on its own and creates effortless dimension.
- Antiqued (Veluxe Pearl/permanent): Warm, pearly burnt red-orange shade. Gorgeous lid color, very creamy and applies effortlessly.
- Embark (Matte/permanent): Warm, matte brown shade with red undertones. Awesome color for a warm brown smokey eye or wet as liner.
- #Noir (Velvet/limited): Deep brown, almost black shadow with gold specks. Very velvety and easy to blend out, best built up with a synthetic brush with you want the shimmery gold payoff.
- Haux (Satin/permanent): Warm, dusty purple shade with very silky application. Very pretty for smokey eyes or neutral looks.
- Star Violet (Veluxe Pearl/permanent): Pearlized, smooth plum shade. Beautiful lid shade and placed in the center for added spunk.
- Sketch (Velvet/permanent): Silky smooth wine shade with great coverage. A MAC cult favorite to spice up any look.
Noted above, I would have liked to see a bone, cream or any type of highlight shade (Brulee, Orb or Shroom) in the Burgundy palette. I think it would have perfected and made this particular palette whole -especially since Poppyseed and Quarry are very similar. Other than that, I'm obsessed!!! Send me your thoughts if you have purchased any of the other palettes! I have my eyes set on the Amber palette next! Also, mid way through the video is a mini eye demo, enjoy!